Friday, October 01, 2004

Liberal tolerance?

You may have seen this already, but I've just come across the following admission from left-wing singer Linda Ronstadt. In an interview with the San Diego Union-Tribune she said,

It's a real conflict for me when I go to a concert and find out somebody in the audience is a Republican or a fundamental [sic] Christian. It can cloud my enjoyment.


So she becomes downcast if there is just one person in an audience who doesn't share her own left-liberalism or secularism! This is intolerant to say the least. And yet left liberals like Rondstadt love to present themselves as being morally and politically superior because of their tolerant attitudes.

I wonder just how common it is for liberal advocates of tolerance to be themselves grossly intolerant.

No comments:

Post a Comment