Monday, August 09, 2004

What women want

Selling like hotcakes in Britain is the ...... Boyfriend Arm Pillow. It's supposed to comfort lonely women who want to be hugged to sleep by a man.

Just one more little indication that men and women haven't outgrown each other yet. We do still need each other. Men have an instinct to want to put their arms around a woman at night, and women have the complementary instinct to want to be hugged.

By the way, the newest star of Australian reality TV is a beautiful young woman by the name of Rebecca Olds. She has this to say about her love life:

I can't find a man. They are either already taken, or they are gay. I don't know what the problem is. I don't think I have ever been really romanced before. I don't think I have ever been asked out on a proper date. I just want a man's man. Someone who likes doing stuff, like going fishing ... (Herald Sun 8/8/04)


Note that Miss Olds doesn't want a SNAG or a metrosexual. She wants someone who is overtly masculine, and who might pay her some old-fashioned romantic attention.

The gender-bending kind of feminists might not like to hear such sentiments, but it should be reassuring to traditionalist young men.

No comments:

Post a Comment