Monday, January 30, 2012

A car sticker for jaded women?

I was in the parking lot of my local shopping centre and I noticed the following sticker on the back window of one of the cars:


In case it's not clearly visible, the sticker reads: "I believe in unicorns, good men and other mythical creatures".

It's meant to be humorous, but even so if I were a woman I wouldn't put one on my car. People are likely to assume that you've had unhappy experiences with men and have become a bit cynical. It's not exactly good self-advertising.

And, fairly or not, it might even be thought that you're the kind of woman who is drawn to the wrong kind of men like a moth to the flame, who gets burnt each time, but who isn't self-reflective enough to figure out what's going wrong.

11 comments:

  1. "I am a man-hating feminist robot, but still whine to my girlfriends about being 35 and childless."

    ReplyDelete
  2. It might as well read:

    "WARNING to men: Don't start a relationship with me. I won't make a good wife in the long run."

    ReplyDelete
  3. "who isn't self-reflective enough to figure out what's going wrong."

    Despite my agreement with it, I'm not sure I've ever heard anyone voice this sort of thinking in person, besides myself. Most people just wouldn't come to that conclusion, told as they are that such failures are the fault of the man being 'immature.'

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sticker is actually describing those women who are not attracted to good men. If there any dirtbags, scumbags, uncaring, irresponsible, violent men in the neighborhood, those type of women will want to date said men. And then those same women will complain that all men are bad.

    The sticker should read "I am only attracted to scumbags"

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an excellent warning for men to avoid her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I jus thope she doesn't have any sons

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Take my wife ... please.

    A woman is standing nude, looking in the bedroom mirror. She is not happy with what she sees and says to her husband, "I feel horrible; I look old, fat and ugly. I really need you to pay me a compliment."

    The husband replies, 'Your eyesight's damn near perfect.'

    Good times ;).

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hate stickers and quotes like that. The sad thing, however, is that many women (because of their own feminist ideology which has made men either effiminate or brutes) never *have* met a good man.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mark - I once saw a bumper sticker in the U.S.A that said:

    "I like my men as I like my coffee - ground-up and in the freezer."

    ReplyDelete
  11. That sticker is an open statement of women's hatred of men.

    ReplyDelete